Friendship’s vision is “To see every person meet God, grow together, and change the world.” Everything that we do revolves around these three steps. We believe a person can grow closer to God and affect those around them in the process by going through these steps. By seeing individuals and families affected by this vision, our community can be transformed. Friendship’s beliefs can be summed up very simply as stated below. For a more detailed response to our beliefs, feel free to contact us for more information.
- God is bigger and better and closer than we can imagine.
- The Bible is God’s perfect guidebook for living.
- Jesus is God showing himself to us.
- Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now.
- Nothing in creation “just happened.” God made it all.
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God.
- Faith is the only way to grow in our relationship with God.
- God has allowed evil to provide us with a choice, God can bring good even out of evil events and God promises victory over evil to those who choose him.
- Heaven and hell are real places. Death is a beginning, not the end.
- The church is to serve people like Jesus served people.
- Jesus is coming again.
While Friendship’s structure, worship style, and appearance reflect that of a non-denominational church it is what many refer to jokingly as “barely-Baptist.” Friendship is associated with the Southern Baptist Convention through missions support and general doctrine, affirming the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.